Monday, October 19, 2009

The Biggest Coin Purse Ever

I thought that I would try my hand at making a bag just using my trusty imagination. I always have lots of ideas for new bags, the problem is getting them from my mind into fabric that seems to be the issue. I do not call myself a seamstress and I often have qustions for my mother if I am making anything that is new and requires more than just a few straight stitches. But I was actually able to take a simple idea that I had and turn it into a creation. I was pleased with the way that it turned out but I am sure that I made it much more difficult than it needed to be. I made this little bag for my daughter. She loves purses and bags and I thought that she would enjoy this. It is jus a simple drawstring purse but the top is a different material than the bottom and it has ribbon handles. I also played with the gussets to see if I could give it some shape, and it worked! I have big plans for my gusset skills... My daughter was delighted with her new bag and I found it the other day sitting on top of her dresser with every piece of change that she could find in it. When I asked her about it she told me that it was her coin purse. I just smiled, that would be one heavy coin purse if she even got it halfway filled! I didn't make a pattern for it and that was probably my first mistake. I have a few patterns that I am working on for big bags, or purses, or diaper bags, whatever you want to use them for. I am super excited and can't wait to get them done to show you, I know that you will like them.

Here are a few more bags that have been completed. I know that there are pictures of this fabric in the slide show but it is always nice to see the finished product, sometimes it can be hard to picture it.



No comments:

Post a Comment