Friday, October 23, 2009

Oink Oink

Last Monday (almost two weeks ago) I woke up with a fever. I rarely get sick, as any mom knows, moms aren't allowed to get sick. I must have been overly tired or something and I came down with the dreaded swine flu. Two of my kids also battled the fever and my youngest two got on Tamiflu before they even had symptoms. We all survived and it wasn't too terrible. My wonderful husband helped me out and I resigned myself to letting the house go. I also felt absolutely NO motivation to finish the bags and other projects that I was in the middle of. It wasn't until this tuesday that I finally turned my sewing machine back on. I made this cute little mini-bag to take to a baby shower. My friend had a little baby girl and her other daughter is now a big sister. So I made this bag for big sissy and put an outfit in it for their new baby. I specifically made it blue because my friend had told me how much her daughter loves blue. Well, wouldn't you know when I got there big sissy told me she doesn't like blue and now she likes pink. Good thing there was a big pink flower on one side! I LOVE this fabric and I found it in a place I never would have guessed (and no I am not telling) It is completely random so there is no way to get the same bag twice.


Front and back.

Then last night I decided I should probably finish the bags that I had started before I got sick. Sometimes I have to make myself get started but once I do I love it, I know strange! But I seem to be that way with a lot of things, even cleaning my house. The hardest part is just getting started but once I jump over that first hurdle it is no biggie.















1 comment:

  1. I love this bag with the fabric at the top. how much are you asking for it? my email is redshoes595@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete