Friday, January 8, 2010

Discovery






I have always loved to sew. My mother taught me how when I was very young but I never did much with it. My one big project is that I made a tee shirt quilt with all of my tee shirts that I accumulated while growing up. (which by the way my family all loves and is my husband's favorite blanket to wrap up in.) But I am NOT a quilter! From time to time I will see a quilt that will inspire me and make me want to make a quilt but that doesn't happen too often. But as I have started sewing more and more over the past year I have fallen in love.

I LOVE the fabrics that are out there, not the fabrics that you might find in a typical quilting store, but the designer fabric that you find at specialty shops. It is like art and to see it used in projects just highlights how fun and beautiful it is. I had no idea that fabric could be so hip, modern, and wonderful.


I LOVE all of the fun projects that I have found. There is always a new fun idea on the internet that I see and can't wait to try it, especially if it is for my kiddos.



I LOVE making things that are useful and practical. It gives me a real sense of accomplishment when i finish a project and it is something that I will then use EVERYDAY or at least close to it. And even better is when I am able to MAKE something that I would have otherwise purchased.


I LOVE being inspired. I have always thought of myself as creative. As a teenager I loved art class and ceramics. But as I have begun this adventure I find myself thinking of new and fun things all of the time. While I am in the middle of one project I am already thinking of the next. I find that my creativity is at it's highest level when I am immersed in a project.



I LOVE CREATING!






I recently picked out this fabric by Anna Maria Horner, (if you would have told me her name a year ago I would have no idea who you are talking about.) And I knew that I wanted to make a bag out of it. My mother was doubtful about my choice (as she usually is) but I knew that I would love it. I put it together a little more than a week ago and I fell in love with it. The big, bold, yellow flowers and then the bright blues, greens, pinks and other colors all thrown in. And then the unexpected geometric coordinating print up top. It just works for me. My mother probably still doesn't like it, but that is the beauty of fabric. There is so many amazing options out there that each project can be make to fit your personality. As a side note, Sorry this bag is already sold.

1 comment:

  1. Actually little lady I do love the bag. I love that the colors coordinate so well yet the print is so different. I'm so excited that you are loving sewing. I'll convert you to a quilter soon!!! Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete