Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Children's Apron and Baby Blanket

My Mother made this adorable apron for Kendra for her birthday. She turned nine years old in December (yes I am a little behind) and she is at a really hard age when it comes to presents. She is past the doll and barbie stage but is not ready for big girl stuff, thank goodness. So that makes it a little difficult, but my mom definitely did awesome on this one! Kendra loves to help me in the kitchen and as I was doing my part of easter dinner she strapped on her apron and helped me out, I LOVE IT!
When I was pregnant with Aubrey I started my first quilt. I found the kit at my local Jo-Annes and got to work. It was really east and I put together the top in no time. I even got the batting put together and the whole thing quilted before she was even born. Then it came to the binding... I had no idea how to finish the dang thing. Aubrey arrived and our lives went crazy. I had been laid off and then we moved in with my mom. I kept this out so that we could finish it and I got close. Then we moved again, (back into our own place) and I didn't have her to help me. The dang quilt was pushed all over my craft room and was always taking up space, so one day as I was cleaning up the craft room I grabbed the quilt and decided to just figure it out on my own. AND I DID!!! So this bad boy took me almost a year, but I finally finished it :) And Aubrey was pleased as could be to have it. She wraps herself up in it and squeals with delight when she see it. That is what makes creating so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment